Jelly Belly recipes
TUXEDO JELLYBEAN FUDGE
-1 cup sugar
–1 teaspoon salt
–3 tablespoons unsalted butter
–½ cup heavy cream
–1 ¾ cups mini marshmallows
–1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
–1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
–1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
–9 oz Jelly Belly jelly beans
1. Line 9 x 13 inch baking pan with waxed or parchment paper so ends overhang sides of pan; coat with cooking spray.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine half of measure of the following ingredients: sugar, salt, butter, heavy cream and marshmallows. Stir until butter and marshmallows are almost melted.
3. Bring mixture to boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted.
4. Pour mixture into lined pan. Cool until firm, 15 minutes.
5. Repeat basic recipe with white chocolate chips. Then pour mixture over chocolate layer. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
6. Score fudge into 1-inch squares, press in two Jelly Belly jelly beans per square.
7. Let fudge cool in pan at room temperature, 3 hours. Remove by lifting paper from pan; cut fudge along scored lines. Plate and serve.
JELLYBEAN SPRING WREATH
-10-14 inch foam wreath
-Glue gun with glue sticks
-1.5 kilos Jelly Belly jelly beans
-3m white ribbon
-8-10 anchor pins
1. For a seamless application, wrap wide ribbon around foam wreath in spiral until foam is completely covered. Use anchor pins to secure ribbon in place.
2. Apply jellybeans to wreath using glue gun
3. Place jellybeans in rows around the wreath in ring shape. Repeat until wreath is completely covered. Taper rows closer to centre of wreath form.
4. Allow wreath to dry.
5. Tie decorative ribbon around the finished wreath and hang for colourful decoration.
CHEERS TO YOU COCKTAIL CUPCAKES
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
¼ cup finely chopped coconut
¼ cup white coarse decorating sugar
1 can (450g) vanilla frosting
Blue food colouring
1 sponge cake (400g)
½ cup Jelly Belly jelly beans in Berry Blue
1. Lightly brush the rim of four 8 ounce martini glasses with the corn syrup. Dip the rims of 2 of the glasses in the chopped coconut and 2 glasses in the coarse sugar; set aside.
2. Spoon 2 tablespoons vanilla frosting into a small zipper bag. Press out the excess air and seal. Divide the remaining vanilla frosting into 3 bowls. Tint one bowl pink, one light blue and one light green with the food coloring. Cover the frosting with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
3. Place the pound cake on a clean work surface, flat side down. Slice horizontally into thirds to make 3 thin layers. Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 6 circles of the pound cake. Take the scraps of cake and cut into ½-inch pieces.
4. Working with one color of frosting at a time, heat the frosting in the microwave, stirring frequently, until the frosting is the texture of lightly whipped cream. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the melted frosting into each martini glass; blue in the coconut rimmed glasses, pink in the sugar rimmed glasses, green in the plain glasses, and swirl the frosting to coat the inside of the glasses. Let frosting sit for a few minutes to set, and then working with one glass at a time, add some of the chopped cake to fill the bottom of one glass. Top with a cake circle, pressing down to make sure the cake is lower than the rim of the glass. Pour the remaining same color melted frosting on top of the cake in the glass to cover. Repeat with the remaining tinted frostings and cake in the other glasses.
5. Garnish the pink glasses with the pink jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. Arrange the green Jordan Almonds in the shape of a flower using a red jelly bean as the center of the flower. Wrap the gummi worm around the lollipop stick securing at the top with a dot of frosting and a red jelly bean. Insert into the glass as the stirrer.
6. Garnish the green glasses with a row of green jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. Add a few Champagne Bubbles in the center with a few green Jelly Belly beans and some more sugar. Cut the yellow Sunkist Fruit Gem in half crosswise. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe lines on top of the cut Fruit Gem to look like a lemon slice. Add the candy lemon slice to the side of the glass.
7. Garnish the blue glasses with a row of the blue jelly beans along the inside edge of the glass. To make the olive, trim the green Sunkist Fruit Gem into an oval. Cut the red jelly bean in half crosswise. Attach one half of the red jelly bean, cut side against a short end of the green candy oval for the olive. Press a white Licorice Pastel on either side of the green candy to look like a toothpick. Place on top of the glass.